Renovation of the large girls’ building
Up to 500 children aged between 6 and 17 years are accommodated in the large girls' building.
9.000.000 of 13.000.000 THB donated
About The Project
There are 2 living rooms each with a connected sanitary facility on the 3 floors.
The building was erected more than 16 years ago with the support of the military and private sponsors. In the process, the sanitary facility was designed similar to the military accommodations, which no longer meets the demands and today’s standards for girls’ accommodations.
Moreover, the sanitary facilities are mostly unusable because of technical defects. There were no resources in the past years to carry out annual maintenance work.
A complete renovation is inevitable after the long service life. The building will be renovated in 3 phases:
Phase 1 in 2018: Renovation of 3rd floor
- To adapt the ceiling height to the current provisions, the ceiling height must be increased by 1.5 m.
- The entire sanitary facility is completely restructured and all the equipment and fittings are made of stainless steel.
- All the windows with mosquito nets are replaced.
- The balcony is completely renovated and painted.
- All the inner walls are painted.
- New fire-resistant doors in the staircase area
- New energy-saving LED lighting
- New fans per bed unit
- Renovation of the staircase on the 3rd floor
- New freshwater pipelines with filters (drinking water quality)
- New drainage pipeline system and water disposal
Phase 2 in 2019: Renovation of 2nd floor (analogous to 3rd floor)
Phase 3 in 2020: Renovation of 1st floor (analogous to 3rd floor)
- In addition, the building should also be painted on the outside in 2020.